Here are examples of recent research articles that received media attention that should be of interest to those attending this meeting:
- The Burden of Trachoma in Ayod County of Southern Sudan by King JD et al.
- Tribendimidine and Albendazole for Treating Soil-Transmitted Helminths, Strongyloides stercoralis and Taenia spp.: Open-Label Randomized Trial by Steinmann P et al.
- The Global Programme to Eliminate Lymphatic Filariasis: Health Impact after 8 Years by Ottesen EA et al.
- Acute Schistosoma mansoni Infection Increases Susceptibility to Systemic SHIV Clade C Infection in Rhesus Macaques after Mucosal Virus Exposure by Chenine A-L et al.
- Relationship between Transmission Intensity and Incidence of Dengue Hemorrhagic Fever in Thailand by Thammapalo S et al.
Visiting us at Booth 101 at ASTMH provides a nice opportunity to meet the team—PLoS Neglected Tropical Diseases Editor-in-Chief Peter Hotez and the journal’s Deputy Editors will be at the booth at selected times (posted at the booth) to answer questions about PLoS, open access, the NIH Public Access Policy, and publishing your work in PLoS Neglected Tropical Diseases. PLoS staff members Shab Sigman (Publications Manager) and Vanessa Tomlinson (Publications Assistant) will also be on hand to answer your questions.
We'll also have some great giveaways for those of you who come and visit us:
- T-Shirts—We will be giving our 2008 t-shirt to delegates who sign up to receive free e-mail content alerts. This year’s shirt, with its unique design, is available at only this event, so be sure to stop by, sign up, and claim yours while stocks last.
- Buttons/Badges designed for our authors, Editorial Board members, readers, and supporters.
- Fact Sheets that showcase the Editorial Board and top papers.
- Postcards to remind yourself and your colleagues why you should publish in PLoS Neglected Tropical Diseases.
We look forward to welcoming ASTMH 2008 delegates to our booth.