We are teaming up with PREreview during Open Access week to bring together scientists from around the world to discuss and review an actual preprint…live-streamed! We have now selected a manuscript for each discipline and finalized the moderators. Read the original blog here. Details about how you can register are at the bottom of the page.
Neuroscience – Monday, October 22, 9am PDT / 12pm EDT / 5pm GMT+1
- Preprint: Sex Differences in Aggression: Differential Roles of 5-HT2, Neuropeptide F and Tachykinin
- Facilitators: Samantha Hindle (PREreview) and Daniela Saderi (PREreview)
- Expert: Dr. Tim Mosca
Bioinformatics – Tuesday, October 23, 9am PDT / 12pm EDT / 5pm GMT+1
- Preprint: EMT network-based feature selection improves prognosis prediction in lung adenocarcinoma
- Facilitators: Daniela Saderi (PREreview) and Monica Granados (PREreview)
- Experts: Dr. Shannon McWeeney and Dr. Ted Laderas
Ecology – Wednesday, October 24, 9am PDT / 12pm EDT / 5pm GMT+1
- Preprint: Host-parasite interaction explains variation in prevalence of avian haemosporidians at the community level
- Facilitators: Jessica Polka (ASAPbio) and Steven Burgess (University of Illinois)
- Expert: Dr. Timothée Poisot
REGISTER NOW to join us and invite others to come along. You can choose to join any (or all) of the subject areas listed above. We are using the video conference software Zoom, which is free to download. Please register and we will send you the information on how to join the calls.
Get ready to spend one hour with your fellow colleagues diving straight into the preprint and resurfacing with constructive feedback for the authors. This is a great opportunity to share your expertise with your peers from all over the world, learn about preprints, build your network, and get credit for your feedback.